Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Strawberry Salad: My Secret to Weight Loss

Salads for the week
I love strawberries. The first time I ate strawberry salad was almost 10 years ago. I've wanted to eat it since then, but I couldn't figure out what dressing I should use. I've been trying to lose weight since I gave birth in January. I knew that breastfeeding would help kick start it, but I would need to eat healthy as well. I remembered how much I liked strawberry salad so I started looking for a recipe. I went to one of my favorite websites and found this strawberry salad recipe. She also has salad in a jar recipes that I find a great way to set myself up for the week. Then I have no excuse to be lazy.


Strawberry Salad in a Jar:

Ingredients:
  • Strawberries - 32 medium sized 
  • Pecans - 2.5 oz.
  • Red Onion - 1/4 a cup 
  • Cucumber - 1 medium
  • Tyson - Grilled & Ready Frozen Chicken Breasts - 2
  • Athenos Feta Cheese - Crumbled, 1 Cup
  • Baby Spinach - 8 cups 
  • Naturally Delicious Light Raspberry Vinaigrette
-205 calories per jar/Dressing 35 calories per tbsp
Instructions:
  • Cut the onion and cucumber to edible sizes
  • Layer the ingredients into the jar
  • I found that putting the "toppings" at the bottom of the jar and the spinach last keeps the salad ingredients fresher. Also when you put it onto a plate to eat it's easier to eat.
  • I prefer adding the dressing separately, when I'm ready to eat it as opposed to in the jar. It can be done either way.
  • I add only 1 tbsp of dressing and then it's ready to eat!
You is going to get me skinny again!


No comments:

Post a Comment